[ Cumpiano GUITARS ] [ CLASSES ] [ NEWSLETTERS ] [ ARTICLES ] [ TEXTBOOK ] [ Links ] [ Scrapbook ]
William a note and ask him to inform you as soon as the next newsletter arrives.
String Instrument Newsletter
- Newsletter 1: Diagnosing a Neck Reset I
- Don't decide until you've exhausted all simpler adjustments
- Newsletter 2: Diagnosing a Neck Reset II
- Measuring and setting the action height and verifying the scale PLUS words of
wisdom from Mr. Epiphone himself!
- Newsletter 3: Diagnosing a Neck Reset III
- How the neck angle and the string's back angle are related--and why it matters
- Newsletter 4: Arching fingerboards
- A meditation upon different arching schemes, and their rationale
- Newsletter 5: Positive and negative fretboard
- Where the fingerboard meets the soundboard: a train wreck?
- Newsletter 6: Science, Art and Guitar
- Personal notes on the Kasha system
- Newsletter 7: Neck Angle Value
- How much of this value is in your guitar?
- Newsletter 8: Any Questions?
- Reader inquiries: what do I think of the Kasha system? How do you set up classical
guitars? What is the Journal of Guitar Acoustics?
- Newsletter 9: Acoustic Guitar Amplification I
- Notes on contact pickups and strip transducers.
- Newsletter 10: Acoustic Guitar Amplification II
- Notes on internal guitar microphones, guitar plate tuning and Gibson headaches.
- Newsletter 11: Ignore Mother Nature--At Your
- How some basic understanding of wood anatomy allows me to guarantee my instruments
- Newsletter 12: Hang in there!
- Some sound advice for aspiring members
- Newsletter 13: Any Questions? II
- Do luthiers make good acousticians? Is a centerseam necessary? ..and the Problem G
- Newsletter 14: Any Questions? III
- Fret end sharpies, fretboard dings, and why not finish the guitar's interior?
- Newsletter 15: Any Questions? IV
- Does it hurt to take all the strings off at once? Necks under stress..
- Newsletter 16: Tap tones, guitar graphite, etc.
- Birth of the graphite laminate soundboard; tap tones; Bridge size, and so forth...
- Newsletter 17: I get letters...Lots of letters.
- Bad intonation, bad neck angle problems; cedar vs. spruce; exchange about guitar
- Newsletter 18: More letters.
- Neck bolt issues, neck angle issues, issues and more issues